[Win32utils-devel] Readline with VC++ 8?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:27:17 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger at qwest.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Anyone on the list manage to build readline on Windows with VC++ 8? If
> so, would you mind sharing the .so file?
> And then, if you don't mind, could you tell us how you did it?

I did succeed on that field, long time ago. Was really hard make all
the Makefile patches and source (mostly makefile patches). I think I
have a svn copy based on gnuwin32 project source code.

The problem with that is GNU Readline is a real mess, and the way the
GNU win32 maintainers packaged everything is even worse.

I'll try to find by copy and send those patches to you.

> Thanks,
Luis Lavena
disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams