[Win32utils-devel] win32-daemon 0.6.1 problem

Heesob Park phasis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 21:15:11 EST 2008

2008/11/5 Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger at qwest.com> wrote:

>>> 2. Use Ruby 1.9.x
>>> 3. Implement the Sapphire :)
>>>
>>> If you dislike Ruby's dl library, using
>>> libffi(http://sourceware.org/libffi/) is also possible.
>>
>> Well, FFI is supposed to be universal now, though I can't get it to
>> build on Windows at the moment. So it would be the same code for MRI
>> (1.8 and 1.9) and Jruby.
>>

> libffi builds "better" with GCC than with VC*
>
> I got libffi built while working with Rubinius, but dunno if the
> version used is the same (I think it includes some hardcoded stuff in
> the makefiles).

I noticed the FFI 0.1.1
(http://kenai.com/projects/ruby-ffi/pages/Home) is actually the
extension library of libffi.
There are needs of more work on Windows, but it's only a matter of time.
I feel the end of Win32-API is close at hand and the FFI will unify
ruby/DL and Win32-API.