[Win32utils-devel] win32-daemon 0.6.1 problem

Park Heesob phasis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:22:36 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Berger, Daniel" <Daniel.Berger at qwest.com>
To: "Development and ideas for win32utils projects"
<win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Win32utils-devel] win32-daemon 0.6.1 problem

> Hi,
> <snip>
>> > PS - Maybe it's time to revisit
>> >
>> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=16627&group_id=
>> > 85
>> > &atid=413, too.
>> >
>> Yes. The inter process communication with the socket might a
>> good choice.
>> I will test it.
> Another thing to consider, now that Jruby's FFI is now bundled with
> Jruby itself and supports callbacks, is whether or not we want to
> declare Jruby as the preferred platform for creating Ruby services since
> it supports native threads.
> Of course, this means finishing the port of win32-api. :)
I consider that there are three ways to go to support of the Windows native

1. Use Jruby
2. Use Ruby 1.9.x
3. Implement the Sapphire :)

If you dislike Ruby's dl library, using
libffi(http://sourceware.org/libffi/) is also possible.

I have read Programming in Lua recently and I am playing with Lua nowadays.
I think Lua is a powerful and potential language.
Lua uses alien module which is based on the libffi.