[Win32utils-devel] WIN32OLE rewrite?

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Wed May 28 16:20:29 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

So, who wants to rewrite the WIN32OLE library? I think I've got most
everything you'll need in the windows-pr library, such as
Windows::COM::Automation, Windows::Error, etc. I can add anything that's
missing.

Advantages include:

* No compiler required
* Easier to debug
* A potentially better and more flexible interface
* The current WIN32OLE library is still occasionally buggy and crashy

The major pain point is that this is a 6200+ line source file. :(

Any takers?