[Win32utils-devel] converting a RSTRING to an OLESTR

Wayne Vucenic waynev at gmail.com
Mon May 12 02:25:40 EDT 2008


Great.  Glad it worked!

Working with OLE strings was a real pain until I found _bstr_t, which made
it pretty easy.

Take care,

Wayne

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wayne Vucenic wrote:
>
> > Hi Dan,
> >  I haven't had to do this in many years, but when I did the _bstr_t
> > routines were what I used:
> >  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa278285(VS.60).aspx
> >  An OLE string is really a BSTR isn't it?  Anyway, this is all from
> > memory, so I hope it's appropriate for what you're trying to do.
> >
>
> Thanks, that worked!
>
> For the record I had to add comutil.h to the included header files, and
> add both comsupp.lib and comsuppwd.lib to $LIBS in the extconf.rb file.
>
> Regards,
>
>
> Dan
> _______________________________________________
> win32utils-devel mailing list
> win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/win32utils-devel
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/win32utils-devel/attachments/20080511/800ad629/attachment.html>


More information about the win32utils-devel mailing list