[Win32utils-devel] Sapphire

Wayne Vucenic waynev at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 13:04:19 EST 2008

Hi Dan,

Congratulations!  I read through your docs, and this looks like a great
start!

Would you be up for removing "fork" from Kernel?  IMHO, the standard library
(and especially Kernel and Object) should only contain methods that have a
good implementation (and I don't mean Cygwin) across _all_ supported
platforms.

I think it's fine for "fork" to be in some platform-specific library (like
one named Posix), but the problem with it being in Kernel is that some
programmers use it because it's there, and then are surprised that they've
written non-portable code without realizing it.

Best regards,

Wayne