[Win32utils-devel] User sid

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Fri Jun 27 11:27:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

<snip>

> > What do you think about the idea of having Process.uid
> return a SID, and
> > a Process.uid= method that would take a SID? I think this
> is possible
> > with SetSecurityInfo, but I haven't tried yet.
> >
> > Possible enhancement for win32-process 0.6.0?
> >
> I'm not sure it is possible. but it is worthwhile.

Here's one possible solution I came across.

http://hockeythoughts.net/forums/printthread.php?t=1210

There might be better ones, though.

> In relation to the SID,
>  Finding the Owner of a File Object
> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa446629(VS.85).aspx)
> and Taking Object Ownership
> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa379620(VS.85).aspx)
> is also possible enhancement for win32-file, right?

That looks like a good idea. With that we could implement a working
File.chown (and File.owned?, too, I think), correct?

Please go ahead and implement this if you have the desire and the time,
as I will be out next week on vacation.