[Win32utils-devel] Replace DL with Windows-PR

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 07:01:47 EDT 2008

Hello Guys,

I'm was starring my screen for many hours before send this. This is a
problem related to Capistrano Pageant interface witch rely on DL
interfaces to communicate.

The thing is this mechanism sometimes works, sometimes fail by unknown
reasons and sometimes segfault.

Tried different versions of Ruby from 1.8.5-p114 to 1.8.6-p114 with
same results.

The code in charge of this is located now in GitHub:

When it fails?
When you try to send two messages to the target window at the same
time, which is basically the way to communicate with Pageant.
This happens when you try to connect and authenticate to two or more
servers at the same time.

I tried sending a SMTO_BLOCK in SendMessageTimeout, all without success.

Looks like there is a corruption of data before that, but that is
making my eyes bleed. Even using Winspector to look at the messages
and failed.

Do you think that migration from DL to Windows-PR will help me
pinpoint the bug? The code is not mine, but I'll love to fix this
since it's annoying (sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't).

Thanks in advance for pointer and suggestions how to tackle this problem.

Luis Lavena
disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams