[Win32utils-devel] Inno

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 06:02:30 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 3:02 AM, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I thought I would point out this article:
> http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com/2007/09/installing-your-ruby-app-with-inno.html
> Anyone on the list tried it?

I used Inno for lot of deployments, even ones that involved Rails
applications and mongrel_service setup, and is great.

But some sysadmins (yeah, Windows sysadmins) complained there was no
easy way to roll updates to those applications easily, since they
learned how to do net updates with MSI and they love it :-P

Besides that, everything is cool with Inno, even better that it has
LZMA compression builtin.

Luis Lavena
disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams