[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Support Requests-21110 ] Having problems creating junction on mounted network folder

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Mon Jul 7 16:49:05 EDT 2008

Support Requests item #21110, was opened at 2008-07-07 10:50
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=412&aid=21110&group_id=85

Category: win32-dir
Group: v1.0 (example)

Initial Comment:
Hey guys,
  I'm getting a permission denied error when trying to create a junction on a network folder that I have mounted.. I can stop the code right before the DeviceIoControl call (inside Dir.create_junction) and everything seems good (link has been created as a directory and filehandle is still open).. but then I get a:
   dir.rb:120:in `create_junction': DeviceIoControl() failed: Access is denied.
   (RuntimeError)
        from dir.rb:167

I'm using VERSION = '0.3.2' of dir.rb

The code works fine on my local disk, so there is something different about the network permissions.. Do you guys have any advice?

Thanks!
-Blair

BTW: I found that if you switch the order of the closing filehandle and removing directory it will remove the directory (which was going to be a link)..

dir.rb: 116
      unless bool
         error = 'DeviceIoControl() failed: ' + get_last_error
         CloseHandle(handle)
         RemoveDirectory(to)
         raise error

Date: 2008-07-07 13:49

Message:
Hi,

Hm, I'm not sure right off. Are you able to create a regular folder on the network folder without issue?