[Win32utils-devel] Temporarily setting the output language for cmd.exe

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 22:05:49 EST 2008

Hi all,

One of the net-ping users reported that the Net::Ping::External library
was returning false positives on Vista. Basically, it does a 'ping -n1
host' and checks for certain error strings.

The problem is that the error strings it checks for are in English. The
user in question is using a cmd.exe that's entirely in Swedish (I think).

Is there any way I can temporarily set the language of the command
console so that it emits English only? I tried setlocale() but that
didn't work. Perhaps a registry setting somewhere? Or an explicit 'cmd
/c' call with some other special option?