[Win32utils-devel] win32-api callback causes ruby to application error (crash).

nao16t at gmail.com nao16t at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:15:19 EST 2008

Hello all, & Dan-san,

> It runs in Ruby's main thread.

OK.

Perhaps we should execute callbacks in
> their own Ruby thread. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? It
> seems like a reasonable idea on the surface, but I may be missing deeper
> issues.

Ruby interpreter itself is single-threaded.
But win32 callback is inherently multi-threaded.
So I have no idea how win32-api C extension code should handle the win32
callback.
In case of WinSNMP, is it better to write another C extension code somehow
the win32 callback thread puts trap data into a queue, then ruby thread
polls the queue ?

Best regards,

-nao