[Win32utils-devel] Favorite COM book?

Wayne Vucenic waynev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 16:10:18 EST 2008

Hi Dan,

I realize you said you were interested in one book and here I'm recommending
yet another.

I like "Understanding Active X and OLE: A guide for developers and managers"
by David Chappell. It's mostly language neutral, and I thought he did an
excellent job of providing enough technical details to keep developers happy
together with good overviews which are more likely to appeal to managers.

Now that I give a little more thought to what you are likely to be
interested in regarding COM/ActiveX/etc., I think this would be a better
book for you than either of the two I mentioned earlier.

I should point out that I haven't kept up with new COM books for 5+ years,
so there may be newer books that I would prefer to the above. Then again COM
doesn't seem to be nearly the hot topic for books that it was 5 years ago.

Best regards,

Wayne