[Win32utils-devel] Favorite COM book?

Wayne Vucenic waynev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 23:35:37 EST 2008

Hi Dan,

Back when I was working with COM, my favorite source of information was
Richard Grimes' books. For example, "Professional ATL COM Programming" (WROX
Press). At the time (6+ years ago) IMHO, ATL was the best way to make
serious use of COM. I don't know if things have changed since then.

Also Don Box's "Essential COM" was the best book I had that covered the
nitty-gritty technical details about what was really going on.

Then again, at the time I was doing all of this in C++, which may not be the
approach you're taking.

Hope this helps,

Wayne