[Win32utils-devel] Plan to merge win32-file and win32-file-stat

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Fri Aug 1 11:05:18 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that, after a hair pulling experience with
win32-file and win32-file-stat, I'm eventually going to merge the latter
into the former (i.e. stat.rb will be merged into the win32-file
library).

It's just too easy to make a change in one that causes a problem in the
other. By merging them into a single library I can make sure they're
tested together, too. This should also help reduce the chance of someone
accidentally require'ing win32-file-stat separately.