[Win32utils-devel] ZwXX functions

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Tue Apr 29 12:14:24 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I noticed that some of the Zw functions would be very handy to use.
While they're exported by NTDLL, it seems they're part of the Windows
Driver Kit, and those headers don't ship with Visual C++ by default. Or
do they? I don't have them with Visual C++ 8 anyway.

What I'm mainly after is the ZwQueryInformationFile for use with
File::Stat, so I can get information more easily from a handle. This
would be useful for a custom IO#stat implementation, where I'll have a
fileno but not a file name.

While it's technically part of the WDK, there's no reason it can't be
used for regular file operations as well.

Any suggestions?