[Win32utils-devel] rb_w32_select function patch

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 06:56:22 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Heesob Park <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all
> As you know, rb_w32_select don't work well with standard input.
> Here is test code:
> t = Thread.new {
>    while true
>      puts "printing a line"
>      sleep 2
>    end
>  }
> gets
> t.exit
> puts "exiting"
> Following is the first version of patch code of rb_w32_select  function in
> win32.c
> It is inspired by cygwin select implementation code and adopted some code
> from it.
> The basic idea is creating thread for each file descriptor and wait events.
> What's your thought about it?

This replacement is compatible with ruby_1_8 branch or just for
Sapphire? I'll love get this included in 1.8 to solve issues regarding
One-Click Installer for the time being.

> Regards,
> Park Heesob

Thank you for your work, tried to apply your older patch about this
and failed due changes introduced by years in ruby code.

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams