[Win32utils-devel] WinRuby?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 23:50:39 EDT 2007

On 9/24/07, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:
> While that's interesting, speed isn't one of the primary factors in
> making WinRuby. It's just something I'd like to do along the way. I
> will not support mingw. VC 8 will be our compiler.

Um, even that speed is one concern. I sympathize with you. With latest
free compiler released by microsoft, we could provide a good fundation
and could be easily expanded by end users (like solve the issue of no
compilers will compile extensions for current release of ruby).

As I said, I want to offer the time I invested in solve the
dependencies to get base ruby built with VC8.

>From the 21 official extensions (bundled with current mswin32 build),
I only failed to build 2: tk and tk/tkutil.

http://pastie.caboo.se/100080

I didn't take the msbuild / solutions path since to create them it
requires VisualStudio, which I didn't installed to avoid conflict with
free compiler distro.

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems