[Win32utils-devel] WinRuby?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 22:43:13 EDT 2007

On 9/23/07, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure yet. That's down the road. For the early stages I just
> want to get the base classes and stdlib cleaned up, refactored, and
> sped up where possible.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

Dan, I just done a few rounds of test of latest release of ruby built
with VC8, and to be honest, I get better performance from a hand-made
build with MinGW.

http://pastie.caboo.se/pastes/95210

I have pin-point almost every dependency needed by ruby 1.8.6 and
built every extension bundled with it with VC8.

The only one that I couldn't manage to get working was Tk, but I guess
we could discard it ;-)

Let me know if that helps the process, and I will like to see your VC8 numbers.

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
-
is worthwhile.