[Win32utils-devel] RubyForge historical note

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 00:30:09 EDT 2007

Hi all,

The Win32Utils project is the first project in RubyForge history (that I
know of) to reclaim a "Top Project Downloads" position.

We were in 11th place, but dropped to 12th when Watir passed us several
weeks ago. In the last day or so Win32Utils passed Watir, so we're back
in 11th.

How did it happen? I've been tracking daily downloads somewhat, and I'm
fairly certain the downloads increased by about 25% after I created a
home page for the project:

It's nothing special, but it seems to have driven traffic up to our
project rather dramatically.

Let this be a lesson to any other project leaders who don't yet have a
project home page. :)