[Win32utils-devel] WinRuby?

Gordon Thiesfeld gthiesfeld at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 10:40:11 EDT 2007

> Let me correct you on this one: supporting windows right now isn't
> important (not that they want to).
>
> Besides the GNU toolchain needed by Rubinius, you also need Git, which
> is a real pain to get working on Windows (outside cygwin, using
> mingw-git port).
>
> So not only you will have to spent time getting Rubinius working on
> Win32, but also all the toolchain correctly working... that's a huge
> problem.

Fair enough.  I was basing my statements off of a post by Wilson
Bilkovich*, where he says he wants to get it to compile on VC8 at some
point.  I'm not sure of the level of effort that would take, but I
thought I'd ask here to get some opinions and see if there was any
interest.

* http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/228625

Thanks,

Gordon