[Win32utils-devel] WinRuby?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 09:52:41 EDT 2007

On 10/4/07, Gordon Thiesfeld <gthiesfeld at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to know everyone' s opinion of the Rubinius project.  It currently
> doesn't support Windows, but the developers want to.  I know there are a lot
> of great Windows developers here, so would the Rubinius project be a good
> place to start on a good Windows Ruby implementation?

Let me correct you on this one: supporting windows right now isn't
important (not that they want to).

Besides the GNU toolchain needed by Rubinius, you also need Git, which
is a real pain to get working on Windows (outside cygwin, using
mingw-git port).

So not only you will have to spent time getting Rubinius working on
Win32, but also all the toolchain correctly working... that's a huge
problem.

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems