[Win32utils-devel] Can't write to "Windows PowerShell" source with win32-eventlog

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 23:06:43 EST 2007

Heesob Park wrote:

> I guess Custom Log event must have log file name.

Is that documented somewhere? I didn't see it. Just curious.

> After inserting following code at add_event_source methods, it works fine.

Odd, I still couldn't make it work. The first thing I noticed is that
the .evt file names don't necessarily match the source name. I see
"Internet.evt", not "Internet Explorer.evt", for example. The
WindowsPowerShell.evt file has no space in it on my system.

But, even after I changed the key value I still couldn't write to the
Windows PowerShell event log. Hmm.

I'm on vacation this weekend so I'll have to take a look at it next
week. In the meantime botp sent me an eventlog he says is suffering from
missing description issues, but only on Win2k3. Attached if anyone wants
to take a look.