[Win32utils-devel] Need help with win32-service, failure actions

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:06:05 EST 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to get failure action support working. I've modified the
Service.configure method to accept the following options:

failure_reset_period
failure_command
failure_reboot_message
failure_actions
failure_delay

I've got the failure_command and failure_reboot message working, but the
rest aren't working properly. I'm mostly focused on failure_reboot_actions.

Here's an example:

Service.configure('some_service', nil,
    :failure_reset_period => 10,
    :failure_command      => "notepad.exe",
    :failure_delay        => 5000,
    :failure_actions      => [
       Service::ACTION_RESTART,
       Service::ACTION_RUN_COMMAND,
       Service::ACTION_REBOOT
    ]
)

I've probably just packed the data structures wrong, but I couldn't see
how. Please take a look at Service.configure in CVS.