[Win32utils-devel] Win32 namespace

Gordon Thiesfeld gthiesfeld at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 17:33:04 EDT 2007

I've been working on a library called ruby-wmi, that is basically just
an abstraction layer around wmi.  I'm a windows sys admin, and I use
wmi scripts a lot at work.

My code looks like this:

disks = WMI::Win32_LogicalDisk.find(:all, :conditions => {:drivetype => 5})

It's supposed to mimic the active_record interface, and it works
pretty well.  My next thought was to do something like this:

disks = Win32::LogicalDisk.find(:all, :conditions => {:drivetype => 5})

Which I liked a lot, but then I realized that I might be stepping on a
namespace that was already in use.   That's why I'm posting here.
Should I not do this?  Is it a bad idea?

Thanks,

Gordon