[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Bugs-7837 ] windows-pr error in declaration of NetWkstaSetInfo

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Mon Jan 15 09:04:18 EST 2007

Bugs item #7837, was opened at 2007-01-14 22:14
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=411&aid=7837&group_id=85

>Category: windows-pr
Group: Code

Initial Comment:
While installing windows-pr 0.6.2, I got the following error from RDoc:

    lib/windows/network_management.rb:422:30: Couldn't find NetWkstaSetInfo. Assuming it's a module

Looking closer, I found that its definition:
422:      def NetWkstaSetInfo.call(server, level, buf, error)
423:         NetWkstaSetInfo.call(server, level, buf, error) == NERR_Success
424:      end

has an extra .call in the function name. This has two side effects (other than RDoc errors): 1) the standard function syntax of NetWkstaSetInfo(a, b, c, d) won't work, (which should raise alarm bells for any users) and 2) any attempt to use NetWkstaSetInfo.call(...) will almost certainly be infinitely recursive and trigger a stack overflow.

PS As of this writing, there's no Rubyforge Category for windows-pr, so I can't assign this bug to the right type. Please fix this too.

Thanks,
  Richard

Date: 2007-01-15 07:04

Message:
Thanks Richard.  I've fixed it in CVS and added a 'windows-pr' bug category as well.  This fix will be part of the 0.6.3 release.