[Win32utils-devel] Process.create with logon issue

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 11:09:30 EST 2007

Heesob Park wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2007/12/11, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com <mailto:djberg96 at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Heesob Park wrote:
>      > Hi,
>      >
>      > 2007/12/11, Daniel Berger < djberg96 at gmail.com
>     <mailto:djberg96 at gmail.com> <mailto:djberg96 at gmail.com
>     <mailto:djberg96 at gmail.com>>>:
>      >
>      >     Heesob Park wrote:
>      >
>      >     <snip>
>      >

>     Ok, I made the changes you suggested (in slightly different places, but
>     you'll see the changes), but I still couldn't make it work. It could
>     just be me, though.
>
>     Please check out the latest from CVS and see if it works for you.
>

>     Thanks,
>
>     Dan
>

> The lastest CVS code works fine on my WinXP Prof.
>
> What's your result? any error message? or just nothing?

I tried this on WinXP Home:

struct = Process.create(
    :app_name         => "notepad.exe",
    :with_logon       => 'foo',
    :password         => 'xxxx',
    :domain           => 'MYDOMAIN'
)

(Note that I didn't set the flags explicitly - the docs say the
CREATE_DEFAULT_ERROR_MODE, CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE, and
CREATE_NEW_PROCESS_GROUP flags are enabled by default).

The result was:

The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because
it has no enabled devices associated with it.: CreateProcess() failed:
(Process::Error)

That error is junk - the number (1058) must just happen to match a
service error.

Maybe it's a Home vs Pro issue? Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.