[Win32utils-devel] Fwd: win32/process problem

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 23:23:15 EST 2007

Heesob Park wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2007/12/9, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com <mailto:djberg96 at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Whoops, forgot to include the line that fails:
>
>     if va_list.length == 0
>
>     So, for some reason va_list isn't set.
>
>     Dan
>

> Did you modified my code?
> I did'nt use va_list.length. but I had omitted initializing va_list .
> Here is the corrent code:

<snip>

Ok, there's good news and bad news. First the good news - this
definitely picks up some descriptions we were missing before
(specifically Winlogon events). Awesome.

But there's some bad news. I sent the eventlog descriptions to a file
using the original code and your code and found some discrepancies using
  diff.

First, now I'm seeing literal parameter strings where I would expect
data. For example:

  Security Configuration (OFF = 0 and ON = 1):
-     Network Administration of Transactions = 0,
-     Network Clients = 0,
-     Inbound Distributed Transactions using Native MSDTC Protocol = 0,
-     Outbound Distributed Transactions using Native MSDTC Protocol = 0,
-     Transaction Internet Protocol (TIP) = 0,
-     XA Transactions = 0
+     Network Administration of Transactions = %1,
+     Network Clients = %2,
+     Inbound Distributed Transactions using Native MSDTC Protocol = %3,
+     Outbound Distributed Transactions using Native MSDTC Protocol = %4,
+     Transaction Internet Protocol (TIP) = %5,
+     XA Transactions = %6

Second, in rare cases I'm seeing some junk characters in the description:

-Product: Nero 7 Ultra Edition -- Installation completed successfully.
+`∞Å☻`∞Å☻ Nero 7 Ultra Edition -- Installation completed successfully.

Last (and least), it looks it's picking up blank lines at the end.
Nothing serious but it didn't do that before:

-The Windows Installer initiated a system restart to complete or
continue the configuration of ''.
+The Windows Installer initiated a system restart to complete or
continue the configuration of ''.
+

I've attached my (zipped) application so you can play with it.