[Win32utils-devel] Getting event log descriptions from remote servers

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Thu Aug 23 14:44:46 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Looks like there's still an issue reading descriptions from remote event
logs. From Andrew Garberoglio:

"I was, however, able to devise a hack by setting up parallel registry
key on my workstation with alternate paths to the event source
libraries, which I copied from a Windows Server 2003 machine to my
workstation. Following that, I then modified the value of BASE_KEY in
eventlog.rb to point to the parallel registry key I created."

Looks like we need to call RegConnectRegistry() if @server is set, and
pass that handle to RegOpenKeyEx(). That sound right?