[Win32utils-devel] Bug in win32-eventlog, grabbing descriptions

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 22:26:09 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I know that once upon a time I said that we shouldn't use
DONT_RESOLVE_DLL_REFERENCES (line 698), but it appears that this was
wrong headed thinking for win32-eventlog.

A couple of folks have complained that they couldn't get descriptions
for event records in some cases, and I have a strong feeling that's the
culprit.

Can anyone see a downside to using DONT_RESOLVE_DLL_REFERENCES? If not
I'm going to commit that change and put out a new release this weekend.