[Win32utils-devel] Some more win32-changenotify analysis

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:23:20 EDT 2007

On 8/9/07, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/9/07, Heesob Park <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >

> > 2007/8/9, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com>:
> > > On 8/8/07, Heesob Park <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > <snip>

> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > I tried this on my Windows XP (Home) SP2 laptop at home but it didn't
> > > pick up any events when I ran the threaded file generator with an
> > > infinite wait period. When I specified a wait time of 10 seconds, it
> > > seemed to pick up one event every 10 seconds, but with the file name
> > > chopped off.
> > >
> > > I'll try it on my XP Pro box tomorrow at work and see what happens.

On my XP Pro box at work it worked fine - picked up every change and
the file names were fine. Must be something about my XP Home laptop.
Good thing we only support Pro officially. :)

I just realized that I forgot to manually set the event to a signaled
state, so I'll do that, then release assuming all else is well.