[Win32utils-devel] Some more win32-changenotify analysis

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:27:05 EDT 2007

On 8/8/07, Heesob Park <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Don't give up yet :)
>
> I googled and found a Delphi version.
> I ported it into Ruby and in my test, it can catch all events.
>
> It requires CreateIoCompletionPort  and GetQueuedCompletionStatus API
> function.
> I also found a bug releated with aquiring next offset of fni at
> get_file_action.
>
> Here is another version of wait and get_file_action:

<snip>

I tried this on my Windows XP (Home) SP2 laptop at home but it didn't
pick up any events when I ran the threaded file generator with an
infinite wait period. When I specified a wait time of 10 seconds, it
seemed to pick up one event every 10 seconds, but with the file name
chopped off.

I'll try it on my XP Pro box tomorrow at work and see what happens.

Is there a way to do a FileIOCompletionRoutine via Win32API btw?