[Win32utils-devel] Need some help with pure Ruby win32-changenotify

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:46:27 EDT 2007

On 8/5/07, Heesob Park <phasis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> 2007/8/6, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com>:
> > Ok, solved the remaining issues. I had to move the CloseHandle call in
> > the wait method above the yield/return. Also, I had to increase the
> > buffer size for the final string name.
> >
> > Now I'm wondering if I should automatically prepend the @path to the
> > file name in the final struct. We could use File.expand_path for
> > relative paths.
> >
> > What do you think?
>

> I think prepending the @path to the file name is better than printing the
> relative paths.
> And appliyng File.expand_path gives wrong result when running on different
> path from monitoring path.

Ah, that's right, thanks. Ok, I've simply join'd the @path to the file
name. That's now in CVS.

Oh, one thing that I've noticed is that it sometimes returns the
filename as "4913". I know I've seen this issue come up at some point
before (with the C code, too), but I can't remember what the answer
was, and my Google skills are failing me.

Do you happen to remember what causes that?