[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Patches-6335 ] pure ruby implementation

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Mon Oct 30 23:58:21 EST 2006

You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413&aid=6335&group_id=85

Category: win32-shortcut
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This is (not finished) pure-ruby implementation of Win32::Shortcut.

Differences:
- new takes block (yield self at the end of initialize)
- open, relative_path, resolve and icon_number are not implemented
- instead of show_cmd window_style is used

Other than that, it should be pretty usable.

I've attached simple unit test as well

Date: 2006-10-30 21:58

Message:
I've accepted the general idea in principle.  No need to submit any more patches for a bit - I've already got it done in CVS - unless you think I've missed something critical.

I'm going to put out a release tonight.  Feel free to submit any more patches or bug reports against the 0.2.0 release.

Many thanks,

Comment By: Daniel Berger (djberg96)
Date: 2006-10-27 19:51

Message:
Thanks for this Jano.  It's definitely simple, but I need to discuss whether or not using Wscript.Shell is a good idea.

- Dan