[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Patches-6335 ] pure ruby implementation

Patrick Hurley phurley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 23:48:20 EDT 2006

On 10/27/06, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:
> What do folks think of using WScript.Shell like this?

In general I love it -- the pure Ruby code is succinct and easy to
understand (as it lays on top of a high level api). My only concern is
that I have experienced difficult to reproduce hangs and odd behavior
(very rarely, but none the less), using WinOLE. I really only use it
against Excel and in my case it is not a big deal as it is easy to
stop and restart and things generally then preform as expected. Has
anyone else ever encountered this type of behavior? (or is it Excel