[Win32utils-devel] Need some help with latest win32-mmap

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 16:02:38 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've got the latest win32-mmap code checked into CVS.  Unfortunately, it
seems that I'm not able to open an existing mapping and retrieve set
data.  Below is a simple example that seems like it ought to work but
doesn't.  Any ideas?

# map1.rb
require 'win32/mmap'
include Win32

mmap = MMap.new(:name => 'alpha', :size => 20)
p mmap.address

mmap.test = "hello"

# map2.rb
# mmap = MMap.open('alpha') # Boom!

mmap = MMap.new(:name => 'alpha', :size => 20) # Ok so far...
p mmap.test # Boom!

I tried using MMap.open and MMap.new.  Neither seems to work as
expected.  What am I doing wrong?

PS - The code that actually gets and sets shared data is in method_missing.