[Win32utils-devel] Getting at MakeOpenFile

Wayne Vucenic waynev at gmail.com
Wed May 31 18:04:40 EDT 2006

Hi Dan,

How's it going?

Regarding MakeOpenFile... looking in
C:\ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\i386-mswin32\rubyio.h, its defined as a macro:

#define MakeOpenFile(obj, fp) do {\
    if (RFILE(obj)->fptr) {\
	RFILE(obj)->fptr = 0;\
    fp = 0;\
    fp = RFILE(obj)->fptr = ALLOC(OpenFile);\
    fp->f = fp->f2 = NULL;\
    fp->mode = 0;\
    fp->pid = 0;\
    fp->lineno = 0;\
    fp->path = NULL;\
    fp->finalize = 0;\
} while (0)

so the only way to access it would be to #include "rubyio.h", which
doesn't help much for your pure Ruby solution.

Wayne Vucenic
No Bugs Software
Ruby and C# Agile Contract Programming in Silicon Valley