[Win32utils-devel] [open3] Exit Status Patch

John-Mason P. Shackelford jpshack at gmail.com
Mon May 29 17:24:00 EDT 2006

I've added another patch for the popen3 library which sets $? and adds
Process::Status a return when popen3/4 is called with a block thus
making it closer to the Open4. This is a merge of a couple of patches
previously submitted by Samuel Tesla.

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=4603&group_id=85&atid=413

Note that this implementation is not thread-safe (as is demonstrated
by sample code I've provided.) I'd be very interested in seeing a
tweak that would make this thread-safe if anyone has ideas about how
to do that.

I'd also be grateful for a release which includes this patch (or
something better) and that would be compatible with the latest
one-click installer.

Thanks to all for contributing and maintaining this valuable library.
--
John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
Pearson Educational Measurement