[Win32utils-devel] win32-dir, unicode

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Mon May 29 03:19:16 EDT 2006

Heesob Park wrote:

<snip>

> How about this?
>
> def GetFullPathName(file, buf_size, buf, part, utf16 = false)
>    file = multi_to_wide(file) unless utf16
>    GetFullPathNameW.call(file, buf.size/2, buf, part)
> end

Except that means adding an extra argument to a lot of methods.

Hm....what about:

def GetFullPathName(file, buf_size, buf, part)
    file = multi_to_wide(file) unless IsTextUnicode(file)
    GetFullPathNameW.call(file, buf.size/2, buf, part)
end

A little more work for me, but less for the user to remember.

Will that work? Or do you think IsTextUnicode() is too unreliable?

(Sorry if you answered this previously)