[Win32utils-devel] [ANN] win32-eventlog 0.4.0

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Sun May 28 23:03:56 EDT 2006

Peña wrote:
> # Ok, fixed and released as 0.4.1.  Thanks for the report!
> Hi Dan,
> the new change_notify does not exhibit the resource error anymore.
> BUT it skips (and does not log) some records.
> Tail is much better and does not skip.
> kind regards -botp

NotifyChangeEventLog() only checks every five seconds, max, iirc.  If an
app logs more than one entry in that five second period it's going to be
missed I'm afraid.

Hm....I suppose I could adapt change_notify to use the same approach
that I used for tail.  I'll think about it.

Thoughts anyone?

PS - cc'd to the devel mailing list