[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Feature Requests-2811 ] Add UNC support to file / dir

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu May 25 12:33:06 EDT 2006

You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=414&aid=2811&group_id=85

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'd like to see win32 support for UNC's on the file management level, i.e. FileUtils for Windows
Enable UNC support for the following (with recursive options please)

directory delete
file delete
file copy
directory copy
file move
directory move

Another option would be to add a 'map to driveletter' method (as once done, the existing FileUtils module works OK.)

Not sure is this should be a win32 request or a FileUtils request??

Graham

Date: 2006-05-25 09:33

Message:
I'm inclined to say this should go in FileUtils.  Unfortunately, it would probably never get added.  I recommend submitting a patch on ruby-core.  If they reject it, we'll add custom File.copy and File.move methods into win32-file.

Sorry for the long delay in responding here.  I wanted to get win32-file-stat and win32-file out the door before I considered this.

- Dan