[Win32utils-devel] Need a little help with the pure Ruby win32-eventlog

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 22:34:38 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm working on the EventLog#read method for the pure Ruby version of
win32-eventlog, but I'm stuck on the get_description private method.

Here are the problems:

* I don't think I'm advancing the EVENTLOGRECORD properly between
iterations.  Take a look at the end of the "while dwread > 0" loop.  I
get some records, but not all of them.

* I'm not sure how to properly populate or pack/unpack the va_list,
which is later passed to the FormatMessage() function.

Please take a look.