[Win32utils-devel] win32-service patch

Patrick Hurley phurley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 17:45:34 EDT 2006

On 6/20/06, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger at qwest.com> wrote:

> [...]

The existing solution works and I do not think (although I would love
to find out I am wrong), TRAP_BEG/TRAP_END are magical enough to make
this easy. So I would say put it in as soon as it makes sense as it
fixes easy to reproduce bugs.

If I/we can develop a better solution it can be put in later -- I
personally need to do more testing before I trust threaded code using
an API that is undocumented (except in the source, which does not look
like it does anything more than prevent signals).

As for seperating service from daemon -- that makes a lot of sense it
is a little confusing as implemented -- at least partially because the
docs are describing two completely different types of functionality.

pth