[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Bugs-4699 ] Service dependencies are not being created properly

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sun Jun 18 13:09:14 EDT 2006

Bugs item #4699, was opened at 2006-06-07 19:21
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=411&aid=4699&group_id=85

Category: win32-service
Group: Code

Initial Comment:

# The service is being created but fails to start with a dependent service error
# when valid dependent services are being specified using
# s.dependencies = ["Tcpip", "Afd"]

# Sample code:

require 'win32/service'
Win32::Service::VERSION # => 0.5.0
svc = Win32::Service.new()

svc.create_service{ |s|
   s.service_name = "MyApache"
   s.display_name = "MyApacheSvc"
	 s.service_description = "My Apache Svc Description"
   s.binary_path_name = "C:\Apache\2.0.52\bin\Apache.exe -k runservice"
	 s.start_type = Win32::Service::AUTO_START
	 s.dependencies = ["Tcpip", "Afd"] # both are valid
}
svc.close

# REG_MULTI_SZ value created for DependOnService at
# HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MyApache:
# Tcpip
# Š

# Expected:
# Tcpip
# Afd

Date: 2006-06-18 10:09

Message:
As Heesob mentioned this was fixed in CVS.  Closing it out...

Comment By: Daniel Berger (djberg96)
Date: 2006-06-08 18:59

Message:
Thanks Heesob.  I'll put out an official release once I get back from Minnesota (I'm on a work trip atm).

Comment By: Scott Harper (sharperct)
Date: 2006-06-08 05:50

Message:
Park,

I wasn't able to obtain the binary from your URL but was
able to grab the latest from CVS and rebuild it locally. The
service dependencies are now being created properly.

Thanks for the quick turnaround on the fix.

   - Scott

Comment By: Park Heesob  (phasis68)
Date: 2006-06-07 22:49

Message: