[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Patches-4603 ] [open3] set $? and return Process::Status with block call

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu Jun 1 23:13:14 EDT 2006

You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413&aid=4603&group_id=85

Category: win32-open3
Group: Bug Fix

Initial Comment:
This is another version Samuel Tesla's patch which sets $? and also returns the Process::Status when popen3/4 is called with a block (i.e. this patch merges changes from the two patches Samuel submitted).

Note that this implementation is not thread-safe. As the attachment will demonstrate.

Date: 2006-06-01 20:13

Message:
The patch looks good to me.  I'm not particularly worried about thread safety issues when it comes to running external programs, so I'm not going to worry about it.

I'll have Heesob take a look.