[Win32utils-devel] [Fwd: [win32utils-help][6822] Eventlog problem]

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 13:37:11 EST 2006

Park Heesob wrote:

>Hi,
>On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 07:38:09 -0700, Daniel Berger wrote
>

>>Park Heesob wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,

No, it didn't work for me.  It looks more like a problem with the
allocation scheme, i.e calling eventlog_allocate() directly.  That's
what changed from 0.2.4 to 0.2.5.  It doesn't look like instance
variables set in open_backup are getting set properly.  When I try to
print out @source in eventlog_iread, it's null, and I don't know why.
I'm actually confused in general by what the proper way to instantiate
an object is on the C side now, since there are now about 6 different
approaches one could take, and I don't know what the best one is.

I'll have to find a way to add tests for this into the tc_eventlog.rb
test case, though I had problems making it work last time.

I'll keep hammering at it.