[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Bugs-5503 ] Process::create() checks return value of CreateProcess against 0, should be false

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu Aug 24 23:14:09 EDT 2006

Bugs item #5503, was opened at 2006-08-23 21:27
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=411&aid=5503&group_id=85

Category: win32-process
Group: Code

Initial Comment:
In Process::create(), the return value of CreateProcess() is compared against 0 to determine if the CreateProcess call succeeds.  It appears that instead of 0, CreateProcess() will return false on a failure, and this comparison will fail (no exception).  Instead a ProcessInfo with all 0 values will be returned.  If the code is changed to compare against false, an exception is thrown on failure.

Date: 2006-08-24 20:14

Message:
Good catch!  I've fixed it in CVS and I'll have a new release out shortly.