[Win32utils-devel] [ win32utils-Feature Requests-3978 ] Compile files for Ruby One-Click installer

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sun Apr 23 19:01:10 EDT 2006

You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=414&aid=3978&group_id=85

Category: None
Group: Code

Initial Comment:
Compile the files so they work with the Ruby One-Click installer. Most people developing on Windows are using the Ruby One-Click installer. But now when you drop one of the .so files in a folder you get a segmentation fault. Thanks.

Comment By: Luis Lavena (luislavena)
Date: 2006-04-23 20:01

Message:
Daniel,

Actually Curt is using the the ruby-mswin32 from http://www.garbagecollect.jp/ruby/mswin32/en/

I solved different msvcrt and compile issues using VC2003 Toolkit and the platform SDK headers. That is what I use to compile the win32-service gem we depend on Mongrel.

I bundled the headers, the programs and everyting of this in a 14mb 7z file to drop in as compiler.

Cannot make that public due license of "distribution" of the Platform SDK headers, but person-to-person is different.

Luis

Comment By: Daniel Berger (djberg96)
Date: 2006-03-30 17:31

Message:
There is nothing I can do about it.  Curt, for various reasons, decided to compile the latest version of the one-click installer with VC++ 6.0.

The best we can do is to replace the C code with pure Ruby versions.  We're already in the process of doing that now.

- Dan