[Win32utils-devel] Stopping services

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 22:32:25 EDT 2005

Nathaniel Talbott wrote:

>Thanks a lot for your help... I really, really want to be able to use
>Ruby for this sort of thing, instead of having to use some sort of
>service wrapper, and I don't think I'm the only one. While I like to
>dis Windows as much as the next guy, good support for it is really
>valuable to the community. Thanks for all the work you (and the others
>here) do.
>Looking forward to hearing what you find out this weekend,
Alright, I built the latest stable release (10-Sep-2005) on my XP home
laptop, ran the "daemon_test.rb" script again, and still had no problems.

I can only guess that has something to do with your development
environment, unless there's something specific about 1.8.3p1 causing the
issue.  You could try the latest stable release and see if that makes a

How are your C skills?  I think at this point I would try adding some
debug code directly in service.c, especially around the SetEvent()
calls, to see if that's the culprit or not.