[Win32utils-devel] Stopping services

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Thu Sep 8 14:41:57 EDT 2005

Hi Nathaniel,

Yes, I had that issue a while back.  See
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/win32utils-devel/2004-August/000144.html.

It was never resolved, but it seemed to be harmless.  Yes, it raised an
error, but the service does stop.  Not ideal, but liveable.

My *guess* is that it has something to do with the fact that
win32-service spawns a native thread (in the service_mainloop function)
which is, afaik, required.  But, that's a guess.  If I'm right, I don't
know that it's a solveable issue until Ruby 2.0.

If I'm wrong, then I'm not sure what the issue is.  Any ideas Heesob?